If energy management in your organization seems overwhelming or if you'd like to learn more before you get started, there are training programs available to help you.
If energy management in your organization seems overwhelming or if you'd like to learn more before you get started, there are training programs available to help you. The Federal Government's Office of Energy Efficiency offers the "Dollars to $ense" Energy Management Workshops to help businesses reduce their energy use.
The courses available through the "Dollars to $ense" program are designed to help you:
- Lower operating and production costs
- Improve your competitive position
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase operational efficiency
- Create a better work environment
List of Available Workshops
There are a variety of courses available, as listed below. Click on the course title for more information on each course:
- Energy Management Information Systems (EMIS) - This course will show you how implementing an EMIS will create value for your organization and lay the foundation to monitor, document and report on energy performance.
- Building Recommissioning - Recommissioning is a process used to improve the overall performance of existing buildings by optimizing energy-efficient design features and directly addressing equipment performance and system issues.
- Energy Management Planning - You may be aware of potential opportunities to save money in your organization, but knowing what to do next and where to find help is the hard part. This course pulls it all together for you.
- Spot the Energy Saving Opportunities - This course will help you understand energy basics and identify opportunities to save energy and reduce energy costs.
- Energy Monitoring - Energy monitoring systems help Canadian organizations and institutions save money on energy costs. Implementing them has brought energy savings of up to 15% to a diverse group of organizations in the industrial, commercial and institutional sectors.
- Energy Efficiency Financing - You may know of significant potential for energy efficiency in your organization, but all too often a lack of funds limits the number of projects that get realized. This course is designed you help you overcome this obstacle.
For each course, there is a fee for attending and participants must fund their own travel and subsistence.